Wednesday, April 24, 2013

So I tried on a prototype of the Google Glass

What can I say? It's a bit odd at first. And if you wear glasses like I do, and are nearly blind like I am, the experience will be a bit limited. If you know you are going to try it, wear your contact lenses not your glasses.











The learning curve is none existent and it begins to be very, very cool once you get the hang of tilting your head up a bit and the touch scroll on the side. You can access all the google apps I believe and possibly the Internet.

You cannot walk and view. I mean you can, but 1) you will look like a fool with your head tilted to the sky, and 2) you will step in dog shit. It's not a motion device, at least not for me.

So, all this happened because I was at the launch of the Art Directors Club Google Lounge.












Cool communal workspace where those of us without an office for our tiny design agencies can take a meeting. Wow the clients and pitch the next big thing like the Google Shoe.

Ben Jones Google Creative Director, gave one of the most inspirational presentations I've seen as a designer. Now, I was truly inspired. So much do that I want to get him to come to our offices and present it to our designers.









There was also the Google Shoe. Yes! I didn't make that up! It spoke. Yes it did. It is your sarcastic friend.

We got to try the sensor out as it was in prototype form an there was only one shoe on display. It's cool, but I need to see the practical applications ;and it needs to be able to warn you of oncoming dog shit. 'Nuff said…




No comments:

Post a Comment